Saturday, March 3, 2012

Promiscuous Relationship

In the Name of Allah,

All the praise is due to Allah, the perfectly knowledgeable

This is a recent story of an affair that lasted for one night.

Zaytuna:    "Salam Orlando"

Orlando:   "Wasalam. Do I know you?"

Zaytuna:    "No, not yet", replies with a smile, "I am from California, and travelling around the USA for a reason".

Orlando:    "Nice to meet you. So what is the reason that brings you here"

Zaytuna:     "Well...I am building a new home in Berkeley, California, and it requires $7 million to buy the building I really like. I am travelling around the USA to collect money for it."

Orlando:     "We are also trying to fix the whole in our back wall in our home. Alright, so you are asking for funds. Let me see, how much do I have here". Orlando takes out his wallet.

Zaytuna:      "Oh no! no! God no! I am not asking for a charity like this on the street. I would like to take you out for a dinner, and then we can talk about this". Orlando blushes.

Orlando:      "Oh...So when is this dinner?"

Zaytuna:      "Lets do it on Saturday. How is that?"

Orlando:     "Can we eat at my house? My wife name is Masjid, and she would love to meet you, and my kid Mago would love to hear the stories of California."

Zaytuna:      "Oh no silly. We can't do dinners with Masjid. We will meet at a nice place where Masjid is not close by. It will be more comfortable and less distracting"

Orlando:      Replies confusingly. "Alright, See you on Saturday"

Zaytuna:      "And, please bring your checkbook"

Meeting takes place on Saturday in an up class ballroom.

Zaytuna:    "Salam, Welcome Orlando"

Orlando:    "Wasalam, Wow! this is a nice place. This is much fancier then my home with Masjid"

Zaytuna:     "Yes, it creates the right environment"

A few minutes later.

Zaytuna:     "Look. This is the picture of my sons Hamza, and Zaid"

Orlando:     "Oh! I am very impressed with them"

Zaytuna:      "Listen! I need at least a $1 million dollar tonight from you."

Orlando:     "That is a lot. We just met. I don't even know why you are building the house, and who will be living there."

After a few sweet speeches from Zaytuna later.

Orlando:     "Sure. I will write you a check for $400,000, as thats all I have in the bank."

Zaytuna:     "Alright, that will do."

Next Morning.

Masjid:     "My dear husband, my only dress was torn today. Can you please write me a check for $40, so I can buy a modest dress? Also where did you go last night. I was waiting for you on Isha."

Mago:       "Papa, you promised to buy me the books for the school today."

Tear rolls down Orlando's eyes, and his head sinks in his hands. What has he done. Gave away so much money in one night to someone who he met only once, and never to see again. Here his family was not even included in the decision.

May Allah helps Orlando to spent in the right place, and provide us a single leader who can look after our best interest.

And Allah knows best.

JazakAllah Khairin

A well wisher of Orlando
AbuArman Jumani


No comments:

Post a Comment