Sunday, April 29, 2012

Oh! The nation of limpy folks.

In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Specially Merciful.

All praise is due to Allah, worthy of all worship.


"Indeed those who say, 'Our Lord is Allah,' and, further, stand straight and steadfast, the angels descend on them (from time to time)..." (Quran 41:30)



Sufyan bin `Abdullah Ath-Thaqafi said, "I said, `O Messenger of Allah, tell me something about Islam that I will not have to ask anyone about it after you.' He said (Say: I believe in Allah, then stand firm.)'' (ibn Kathir)


Islamic Center of Windermere:  We have a land that we can use with county's approval, and the next step is to visit Muslim's home and do a survey, before calling a public meeting. If you like to volunteer to go out with us, please contact me at ajumani@hotmail.com. Only say yes if you will stand firm. Also, the other group is not communicating with us, so we are not collaborating with them any longer.

Yesterday, I met one of my dear brothers in Islam, and he asked me why haven't I written any blogs lately. Well, I do not write for entertainment, and I can't write as I wish. When something hits my heart, and it inspires me to write, I write. So, what inspired me yesterday was the fact that there were 30 sisters and 3 brothers in the gathering. Where are the men folks? Now, I missed the last few classes, due to my conflict with school, but I regret that, and hope to continue attending the groups that I consider to be on the right path.

In fact, whenever I send out a request for participation, only a few people respond. Some ignore it as they don't agree with what I say. Some ignore it because they don't want to part of anything controversial. "Oh brother, I can't support you because my family wants me out". "Oh, the gathering of new muslims. Why would I waste my time there? We will just invite them to our place every 2 months." "Oh, you are building a masjid, and  I will not be a leader. No thank you."  It is not just my call for support, where people are missing in action, but they are missing in every place where it is not their culture, or their group of people present.


Some of you may ask what am I talking about. What I am talking about is the command of Allah where he wants us to stand firm. So, what does this means? It means that if you believe that there is an effort or a group that is on the right path, and they need your support, you should move heaven and earth to participate in it. It is not enough to come one Sunday after 3 months and call it a success. No brothers (and I am talking to brothers only). You don't get to chose when to come in and when not to. Let me give you an example.

Every organization is built like a wall, where every brick supporting the brick above it. If a brick says "You know what I will not be able to participate, because I have to buy a new rug for my home, or I am not feeling active today, or my kids want to go to park, or my relative has invited for dinner." What????? Are you kidding me. Do you think the wall will stay in its place? No, the brick walls do not stand firm when there are big gaps in them, or bricks are "LIMP".

If not a single person from Jamah Masjid attends the monthly pot luck on Saturday, what is the purpose of keeping the masjid. Only reason I see for a masjid in USA is to convey Islam, and support the growth. Why anyone bother becoming a Muslim, if they are to be ignored. We should demolish the masjid and pray at home. What is the purpose of these Muslims in USA? Are they here to earn income, then that is what they will get.

Today, if we start an initiative, and ask for participation, like it was done on the 27th Ramadhan in 2010. I was there. I saw people raising hands "$10,000" "$25,000". "AllahuAkbar!". Later on, we found out that most of them were limp bricks, and when asked to hand over the money, they denied it. Masajid are full on Fridays. I sit and watch as people walk in like they are doing a favor to attend, and get upset if there is no space to sit or Imam takes an extra minute to explain an important announcement. Where were you during the week? If you came during the week, people would have notice the need to expand and everyone would have chipped in.

Oh! The nation of limpy folks.

Men folks have become limp bricks in the wall, and they come when they feel convenient for them. They pretend that all they have to do is have long beards, and pray salah in the masjid. When it comes to the time when the load of the wall is pushed upon their shoulder, they don't hold their grounds. Islam is a hobby for them, and they play with it as they find it convenient. We don't need this nation of limpy folks, and if they remain Muslim or leave Islam, we don't care.

Alright, I do miss events and classes, and I will inshAllah work on being more consistent, but we should be consistent overall, as a member of a group. We should do it for the pleasure of Allah, and not for the pleasure of the Imam. We should take initiatives on our own, and not wait for others to be the leaders.

And, May Allah help the ones who believe, and then stand firm.

JazakAllah Khairin

A mostly consistent, but sometimes wrong, Muslim
AbuArman Jumani


No comments:

Post a Comment