In the Name of Allah, The most Compassionate, The most Merciful
All praise is due to Allah, who sustains everything in place
The Prophet (PBUH) said, “Whoever builds a Masjid for the Sake of Allah, Allah will build for him a house in Paradise.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari)
Last Night, I met an upstanding member of the community, and he asked me about the status on the Masjid on this side of the town. It seems that the other effort has not succeeded in last year, and we will have to restart the effort to build a Musallah or Masjid ourselves.
Effort will be to build a place to pray 5 times salah on or around County Road 535 (Winter Garden Vineland Rd), and Reams Rd.
We will be meeting on 2 PM Sunday, December 25, 2011. Location will be decided soon. If any of you have suggestions, please let me know. Agenda will be as following.
- Praise Allah
- Open Forum to collect thoughts
- Ratify constitution
- Electing Imam (Ameer) to lead the effort
- Location update
- Fund collection (monthly pledges and/or cash donation)
These are some preliminary proposals for the constitution, based upon the examples of rightly guided Khalifah.
- Quran and Sunnah will be the only source
- Community will not adopt any rule that contradicts Quran and Sunnah.
- There will be one Ameer elected by an appropriate election process, and has to be a qualified person according to Quran and Sunnah to lead in Salah and World matters.
- Election of Ameer will be permanent.
- Ameer will be the final Authority on all matters of the organization, however, he can have advisers to help him make the decisions.
- Any matter of the Fiqh will be resolved by Ameer.
- Community can remove the Ameer with a super majority consensus, and replace with another qualified Ameer.
These are just some proposals, but please send me your ideas, so we can prepare them for discussion during our first meeting. It will be important to ratify these, before moving forward.
I need responses with names, phone numbers, and email addresses of people who are interested. One doesn't have to live in this area to be a member, so please come forward and help us with this effort.
If you know someone that will benefit from this, please forward this email, or get their contact information to me.
Please bring cash, check, ideas, and anything that will help us with this. Even a quarter will add to the support. If you like to come forward before the meeting to help arranging it, please let me know.
There are two ideas for masjid location right now, and please provide your input.
- Renting a land and a portable.
- Renting a store in the new plaza close by.
After all the effort, we leave our affairs to Allah, as nothing can happen without his permission. May Allah make this effort successful. Aameen.