Sunday, January 29, 2012

Islam divided among Organizations.

In the Name of Allah,

All praise is due to Allah, the King of mankind.


"As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah. He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did."(Quran 6:159)


"And obey Allah and His Messenger. and fall into no disputes, lest ye lose heart and your power depart; and be patient and persevering: For Allah is with those who patiently persevere: "(Quran 8:46)

Alhamdulilah, the finals ended, and my first semester came to an end today. It was an amazing experience studying with teachers learned in Madeena University from around the world. I recommend ISLAMICONLINEUNIVERSITY.COM to anyone who is a believer.

While I still await the public meeting announcement for Islamic Society/Center of Windermere, promised two weeks ago to me, I have been experiencing a unique trend that I did not notice before. I was contacted by Helping Hands to participate in their effort to do a fundraiser event, and came to know about another organization. On the surface, this seems great act of charity and community service, but what struck me was that these are headed by different individuals, and they have very specific agenda. Very sincere people with hard work and vision, and are serving Muslim Ummah, and May Allah reward them for their effort.

However, when I ask the founder of one of these organizations if they will involve their local masjid in the effort, I was stunned with the answer, because he said that No, and he said that the effort will be perceived as unattractive to wide population. Now, Muhammad ibn Abdullah (PBUH) told us that Masajid are the gardens of paradise, and center of community, but they seems to have become toxic for sincere folks who want to make an effort to revive the Ummah. It is very sad to see, and this distrust with Masajid and local Imams have been communicated to me on many occasions.

Now, I see this tug race, where every organization is pulling lay people like me to contribute to their cause, but how much can one person divide themselves? Every organization and every effort is spending time and money organizing their events, and some people are turned off by this. There is no single authority to organize these efforts, and align them appropriately.

It has gotten so absurd that within one of the planning meeting of an organization, a person announced that he would like to form another organization and nominated another person as President. I and another brother looked at each other and smiled about the whole thing. I mean people are falling over each other trying to form organizations.

What is the purpose for building these masajid? What is the purpose of having an Imam? Just to lead the Salah? This has to stop. It stops with me. Any organization that is not tied to a masjid is not an acceptable effort for my attention. I am sure there are other people who will support them, but not me. Sorry.

At this point, I would like to recognize the effort from some young people in Jamah Masjid who are trying to reach out to other groups, and using Masjid as their base. I hope they continue to do that. That is what we need. We need to tie organizations to masajid, and tie the masajid together.

Any one who thinks that Masjid should not be used for any effort due to political problems, they are avoiding the issue, and they should get together and fix the political issue with their Masjid and use it as their base. Islam is not outdated. Masjid is not outdated, and Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) message does not need new branding. I may be missing some details, but building new independent organization is not the solution. We are dividing the resources.

JazakAllah Khairin

A supporter of only one Organization called Al-Islam.
AbuArman Jumani

No comments:

Post a Comment