Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Why Ummah Decay?

In the Name of Allah,

All praise is due to Allah, the one who created everything, and then guided it.

Islamic Center of Windermere Update: Strategy of building a Musallah first has become official, and a public meeting will be called very soon to get community consensus. This will be my last update, as it will be redundant after public meeting.

 Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and fair preaching, and argue with them with that which is best. Truly, your Lord best knows who has strayed from His path, and He best knows those who are guided.(Quran: 16:125)

After tafseer class, I got up and walked up to a brother who was standing in the corner, and no one was speaking to him. As I walked closer to him, I recognized him from Kissimmee, Florida area. I have met him in Darul-Uloom masjid in Kissimmee. He seemed pleased to see a familiar face. I asked him how is his community and the masjid, and his skin color changed, and eyes tightened, which told me that something was wrong. He said that he likes the tafseer class in Jamah Masjid, because it is based on knowledge. Furthermore, he said that the leaders in his community are not knowledgeable like this.

When I mentioned to him about my experience that Darul-Uloom doors were closed before Isha, when I visited his area last time, he became sad, and said that there are not a lot of people coming nowadays, and the doors are opened a few minutes before Salah. I asked him what was the cause of this reduction in believers, and he told me that he respected Imam from Masjid Taqwa (I mention this name to warn people), but this movement of Tablighee Jama't seems to be only focused on bringing people to masjid (these are his words), but once they are coming, no one is there to teach them anything. Also, people are scared to come to masjid now, because the Jama't members pressure them to join. Now, he brings his family to tafseer class in Jamah Masjid, so they can gain some knowledge.

In fact, I have witnessed the decay myself, but didn't realize that it was in the final stages. Once, I took a believing man and his to be bride to Darul-Uloom for marriage, and when we told the Imam that the bride is a non-believer and would like to become a believer before Marriage, he flipped. He couldn't get the idea that he was standing in USA, and this is a practical reality. I tried to reason with him, but he would not listen. So, that poor couple left, and Allah knows if this girl became a believer or not.

This has confirmed my fears that Tablighee Jama't is turning believers into dormant cells, which will lead to cancer and decay in the body of the Ummah. It seems that it has taken its first victim, and only Allah can save that community. Unfortunately, Jama't is strong in our masjid too, and I see both Imam supporting it now. I have stayed quite for the sake of the Unity in the community, but this is serious now. We can not allow cancer to spread in the community, and it has to be confronted.

Tablighee Jama't claims that the work of dawah (invitation) that is found in the Quran and Sunnah is what they are preaching, but it can not be further from the truth. Allah does not want us to spend 100% of our effort bringing believers to masjid, rather majority of our effort should be presenting Islam to non-believers, by our looks, our actions, our words, and our manners. There is no need to recruit people to go back and forth on mini vacations, and not gaining any knowledge.

I know that some may still have soft corners for them, but the harms of this group has started to hurt the Ummah, and it is time for us to reject this philosophy, and discourage it. Personally, I will not support this group from this day forward. If any masjid, including the new one in Windermere, fails to discourage this movement, as part of their rules, and enforce it, I may not support that organization. I understand that we tolerate the difference of opinion, but this is a matter of survival for the Ummah.

This is tough for me, and I may suffer the backlash, but that doesn't stop me from telling the truth. I can't stand by and see my Ummah decay like a flesh that has cancer. I still love them as they are my brothers, but they are causing irreparable harm.

If Umar (RA) was alive today, he would have banned this movement, but we suffer due to the absence of leadership today.  However, night is almost over, and the light is on the horizon. I feel the breeze of morning already started to spread, and birds are singing. Just a few more days I think. Revival of Islam, here it comes.

If I am correct, May Allah remove the support from Tablighee Jama't, and unravel their network, so Ummah can recover. Also, May Allah protect us from priesthood in Islam.


JazakAllah Khairin

A Tablighee in the true sense
AbuArman Jumani

No comments:

Post a Comment