Friday, September 24, 2010

Why do I bother sending emails?

In the Name of Allah,

All praise due to Allah, the creator, the sustainer.

Last Friday, I ran into someone I have known for a long time, and I admire very much. He mentioned that another brother who we know mutually got one of my emails, and was not happy about the content. He also argued that may be we shouldn't confront someone if they follow the wrong path, as it may offend them. As long as they are Muslim, they should follow their faith, and we should follow our faith. I don't agree with this, because we are given a direct command to do the opposite.

If I offended someone, I expect a direct reply, so I can corrected my fault or explain. Regardless, I appologize to anyone whose feeling got hurt with something I sent, and offer to remove their name from my distribution list.

I would never want to hurt anyone's feeling, so if there is anyone on this email that would like to be removed, please reply with a small note, and I will be glad to remove them. Of course, I would never stop sharing what I learn, even if my life or my family's life is threatened. It is an order from Allah to us, and I intend to follow.

So, why do I bother sending emails?

Interestingly, I received a few other feedbacks, and I would like to share them too.

Last Friday, I received the following email from a young sister who got my emails forwarded, and got to know a wonderful site http://edars.com/ which has a treasure that Fort Knox will not contain.

"Asalaam o alikum,
I know that as you are reading this, you most be wondering who this is and to answer that, I am -------, -- years of age,daughter of ---, ---------@hotmail.com, i hope that rings some sort of a bell, you have been forwarding really healthy Islamic emails and links to her, and she has been forwarding it to me. Just one of that link sort of changed my life, Edars.com. Great insight to Islam, MashAllah, and actually, in a way, thanks to you, i now have the Islamic knowledge, i should have had a long time ago, and Alhumdolillah it continues to grow and influence my inner.
God bless you and your family.
Thanks,
---. "

As you can see that there is no equal to the benefit someone can receive from a small effort. May Allah bestow his favor on her by providing knowledge of Islam.

Then, day before I received call from my father from Pakistan, and he mentioned that his dear friend who I have been sending email greatly appreciated that.

Another email received agreeing with the view I presented with proofs about apostate.

"I concur 100%. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was sent as a mercy for all mankind and we have made a mockery of the glorious life which he lead and we should follow! May Allah accept your efforts!!"

Happiest news I received was one of the person I got to know has accepted Islam 4 months ago, and he really appreciates all the knowledge about Islam I have been forwarding, being a new Muslim. May Allah accept his Shahadah, and forgive all his previous sins.

Another relative of mine has been actively learning about Islam recently, and these emails have helped him sort out some things.

In short, I appologize for any strong opinions I injected in my emails, but mostly I have forwarded proves from Quran and Sunnah, so anyone can provide counter arguments easily. Please do not remind me that I am not a scholar, as I already know that. I don't beleive in the Jewish model of people depending on scholars to interpret the meaning of the Holly Scriptures, as it leads to personal opinions becoming Sharia law.

We should consult with scholars, if matters are not clear, but where clear commands from Allah, and Prophet (PBUH) are available, we should follow them.

"Allah the Most High said: Let there be among you a community who enjoin good and forbid evil; it is they that shall be successful," [3:104]

"Those of the Israelites who were unbelievers have already been cursed on the tongue of David and Jesus, son of Mary, for they were disobedient, and transgressed. They did not forbid one another from committing the evil that they wrought. What they used to do was foul indeed. [5:79]"

Please "pay it forward".

- Stop someone from doing gheebat.
- Stop someone from listening Musical instrument
- Stop someone from paying interest
- Stop someone from staring at our sisters
- Stop someone from breaking promise
- Share your knowledge. Don't hoard all the treasure of the knowledge in your heart. I know some in our local Masjid who have loads of knowledge, but they will not share it with us. Just come for salat and walk out quitely. They should find the young ones, and pass on the knowledge. Think, what if Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) just kept quite about Islam?


JazakAllah Khairin
AbuArman
A struggling Muslim

No comments:

Post a Comment